Tuesday 8 April 2014

Beauty Haul

Hi guys,
So I went shopping today and did a little beauty haul. Here's what I bought:
(By the way, I am experimenting with different backgrounds and textures for my pics, please comment!)

I bought the No7 Stay Perfect Nail Varnish in Cheeky Chops. This is a gorgeous pinky coral colour and it looks like it will be great for the summer! It is £6.00 from Boots or online here.


I also bought another of the No7 nail polishes. This is the most beautiful lilac shade and it's in shade Lucky Lilac. This was also £6 and can be bought from the same address as above. Plus, lilac is so on trend for S/S 2014 from lilac lips to eyes to nails. Personally, I am not such a fan of lilac lips on me but I love my lilac nails!

Fantastically, there was a new gift box at No7. They release these for most seasons, I have posted about the Winter 2013 and Summer 2013 boxes before. Anyway, I was so pleased that when buying 2 No7 products, you could get this free. Apparently it's worth £20, according to No7, so I was excited to try it out, especially with the new season's products with some things that I haven't tried.



I love unwrapping these things- it's like Christmas!

This is what it contained: 4 things: 

The first being the Skin Illuminator Radiance Boosting Beauty Fluid in Peach. This looks gorgeous and is a kind of illuminator/primer or can be used alone. It gives a subtle shimmer and sun-kissed glow to skin but not as in a tan, just as in it looks really beautiful. It is usually £11 which is over the halfway mark for what it's worth (£20) so I actually think this is a great deal, especially since it's 10ml or 0.33 US fl. oz.




This is how gorgeous it looks as it blends out into the skin. 


The next thing from the box... The famed High Shine Lip Crayon in Delicate Pink. This is No7's foray into the lip crayons that are suddenly so famous.




Look at this. It's quite shimmery and nice and easily buildable. The first one is swatched way heavier whilst the second is under flash. It is usually £9 which I think is great and it does make the box worth it.




This is the Stay Perfect Eye Shadow from the Cappuccino Trio. It is the middle shade and can be used wet or dry. The left shade is dry and the right is a wet swatch. This one alone is £3.17 from the palette (I divided by 3 from £9.50). It is easily buildable and can create a strong or more subtle look.




The final item is the No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara. What I think is interesting about this is the brush. On one side it has larger, less dense bristles to coat the lashes. Then on the other side, is a shorter and finer set of bristles to comb through the lashes to give definition, which I personally love as I hate clumped eyelashes. It is usually £11.50 so I think it's a great deal!




Ahhhh!! Fan-girling moment!! It's the fairly new YSL CC cream!! A moment of appreciation needed here guys, as I have been waiting for this for ever! I was tested for the Apricot and Rose shades and eventually went with Rose. 

The shades are: Apricot to balance redness, Rose for illumination and brightening and Lavender to combat sallowness in skin. Apricot I find is a touch too orange for me but I can see how it would easily work on others because redness isn't a huge problem for me.





It is lighter than the BB cream and less oily. It also sinks into the skin more easily. If you compare that blue mark on my hand to the one earlier on, you can see that it subtly masks it quite a lot.


The final thing that I bought was the Lush 'The Comforter'. It apparently lasts for 4 baths and produces loads of bubbles which I thought sounded fab! It was £4.95 which I thought was great as for 4 baths, each one would cost £1.24!

So... I hope you enjoyed my little haul and my first post in a long time. Please leave comments below
Saffy

No comments:

Post a Comment